- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Traditional Snow Meeting to discuss topical international security issues
On 10-11 January, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania is organizing the 12th Snow Meeting. The informal meeting will bring together Lithuanian and foreign security policy experts to discuss major challenges facing the transatlantic community today and responses to them.
The Latvian, Slovakian, and Ukrainian Foreign Ministers – Edgars Rinkēvičs, Miroslav Lajčák, and Pavlo Klimkin – will attend the event. The traditional meeting has taken place during the second week of January since 2008.
The meeting will discuss ways to maintain a strong transatlantic link and to strengthen NATO, which plays a major role in contributing to the Alliance's collective security and celebrates its 70th anniversary in 2019. The focus will be on the Russian threat and response measures. A separate session will discuss EU initiatives of closer cooperation in the field of defense.
A total of about 100 high-ranking diplomats, advisers, parliamentarians, experts from analytical and research centers, as well as international and security policy experts from about 15 countries, NATO and EU institutions will also attend the meeting. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius will open the event.