- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 1 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-30 to 2020-01-31 On 30-31 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends meetings with representatives of the Swiss Business Federation and the Lithuanian Business Mission event in Zürich, Switzerland
- 2020-01-30 On 30 January, the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Moldova
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister meets with the new Ambassador of Qatar
On 30 November, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with the new Ambassador of the State of Qatar to Lithuania Ahmed Saif Saif Khalaf Al-Midhadi, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.
In the meeting, Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Germanas highlighted the importance of strengthening bilateral political and economic relations. The Vice-Minister Germanas emphasized Lithuania’s wish to cooperate more actively in the fields of economy, energy, education and science. The Ambassador Al-Midhadi underlined Qatar’s interest in the implementation of investment projects, cooperation in the fields of energy, information technology, science and innovation, and promotion of tourism in both countries. The meeting discussed the opening of direct flights and the importance of introducing a facilitated visa regime for Lithuanian citizens travelling to Qatar.
The Ambassador Al-Midhadi is the first Ambassador of Qatar accredited to Lithuania, who resides in Poland. The Embassy of Qatar in Germany was accredited to Lithuania until 2016.
Lithuania and Qatar established their diplomatic relations on 25 November 1992.