- 2019-02-13 to 2019-02-18 On 13-18 February, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius visits Uruguay
- 2019-02-15 to 2019-02-16 On 15-16 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Munich Security Conference
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February at 2 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting with Céline Gauer, Deputy Secretary-General of the European Commission
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-02-19 On 19 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister meets with representatives of Greece-Lithuania Parliamentary Friendship Group, discusses opportunities for deepening cooperation
On 17 October in Vilnius, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with representatives of Greece-Lithuania Parliamentary Friendship Group – Ioannis Sarakiotis and Symeon Ballis – and discussed prospects for the development of bilateral relations between Lithuania and Greece.
"The Lithuanian-Greek economic and business relationship can expand not only into traditional sectors of our economy, such as tourism, food industry or agriculture. Our countries have an excellent opportunity for further deepening relations in the spheres of education, science and technology, as well as other areas of mutually beneficial cooperation. Undoubtedly, the direct flights between Athens and Vilnius that were launched in March this year will also contribute to the development of tourism and bilateral contacts at various levels," said N. Germanas.
The meeting also discussed issues of migration, security, cooperation within the EU and NATO, and the negotiations on the next EU multiannual financial framework.
The Greek parliamentary delegation came to Lithuania for the first meeting of the inter-parliamentary cooperation dialogue.