- 2019-02-13 to 2019-02-18 On 13-18 February, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius visits Uruguay
- 2019-02-15 to 2019-02-16 On 15-16 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Munich Security Conference
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February at 2 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting with Céline Gauer, Deputy Secretary-General of the European Commission
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-02-19 On 19 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister attends General Affairs Council, highlights the development of standards for the surveillance of the EU's external borders and the fight against cyber attacks
On 16 October in Luxembourg, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius participated in the General Affairs Council, which finalized preparations for the European Council of 18 October and discussed proposals for a multiannual financial framework for the 2021-2027 period.
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister highlighted the need to reinforce the EU's external borders, cooperation with third countries and international organizations, and to facilitate the return of illegal immigrants in order to better manage migration. Zananavičius underlined Lithuania‘s initiative to establish common standards for the surveillance of the EU's external borders.
"The establishment of common standards for the surveillance of the EU's external borders will contribute significantly to tackling illegal immigration. It also can help protect the EU's economic interests and strengthen security," said the Vice-Minister A. Zananavičius.
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister also noted the need to take immediate measures to boost the resilience of the EU, opportunities for countering hybrid, cyber threats and disinformation.
"A new program – Horizon Europe – must become a genuine European-wide research and innovation framework program that will encourage scientific exploration and technological innovation, and improve industry's competitiveness in all EU member states without exception," said the Vice-Minister A. Zananavičius.
For more information about the General Affairs Council meeting, please read here.