- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Vice-Minister N. Germanas visits Ireland, discusses diaspora politics and a referendum on dual citizenship
On 27 November, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas and Ciarán Cannon, Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland, discussed issues related to diaspora policy and shared best practices.
"Lithuania and Ireland are similar not only in size, but also in their rich diasporas. Both countries are well aware of the fact that our nationals living abroad are our asset," said the Vice-Minister N. Germanas
When emphasizing that peacekeeping was of particular importance for Ireland in the Brexit process, C. Cannon sincerely thanked Lithuania for providing support on important issues and for backing Ireland's candidature for the United Nations Security Council.
In a meeting with David Stanton, Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration and Integration, the Vice-Minister N. Germanas discussed issues related to strengthening education for Lithuanians living in Ireland and reinforcing their communities, their integration, as well as the United Nation's migration pact.
Both sides expressed their willingness to further strengthen political and economic cooperation between the countries. The officials also underlined that the bilateral relationship had been very good and intensive in recent times.
The Irish Census 2016 results show that 36, 552 Lithuanians live in the country.