- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination considers Lithuania's periodic reports
On 30 April – 1 May 2019, the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination considered the ninth and tenth periodic reports submitted by Lithuania in accordance with the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
The Lithuanian delegation was led by Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs Neris Germanas and included Director of the Department of National Minorities, representatives of the Prosecutor General’s Office and the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Justice, Social Security and Labor, and Interior. The members of the delegation informed the Committee on the national laws, policies and practical measures Lithuania had taken to implement the provisions of the Convention. Based on the consideration, the Committee will adopt its concluding observations.
Lithuania ratified the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination on 10 November 1998. The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination monitors the implementation of the Convention by its States Parties.
For more information about the 98th Session of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, please read here.