- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the March of the Living in Paneriai.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 3:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with Georgian students studying in Lithuania.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
Minister Linkevičius discusses situation in Moldova
On 21 August in Vilnius, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the leader of the Action and Solidarity Party of Moldova Maia Sandu to discuss Moldova’s domestic and foreign policy priorities. The interlocutors also exchanged opinions on the political and security situation in the region.
According to Linkevičius, Moldova is an important partner of Lithuania and this year marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of our diplomatic relations with this country. “Lithuania consistently supports Moldova’s aspirations of European integration. The country’s further progress will depend on the implementation progress and on results of reforms,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.
The leader of Moldova’s opposition acquainted the Minister with recent changes to the electoral system in Moldova. According to Sandu, these changes have an impact upon the development of democracy. The Minister Linkevičius emphasized that Lithuania and the EU as a whole were closely monitoring the situation in the country and encouraged the Moldovan authorities to respect European values and standards.
The leader of the Action and Solidarity Party of Moldova Maia Sandu is visiting Lithuania on the invitation of the President Valdas Adamkus. She will attend a conference on the regional leadership, which will take place on 22 August in Vilnius.