- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Minister Linkevičius congratulated his Icelandic colleague on National Day
On June 17, the Foreign Minister of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iceland Guðlaugur Þór Þórðarson (Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson) and all Icelandic people on their National Day.
In his compliments, L. Linkevičius pointed out that Iceland is a long-term and reliable partner of Lithuania, the first to recognise the restoration of Lithuania’s independence almost three decades ago, therefore, people have been gathering on Iceland Street in Vilnius for many years to say “Thank you, Iceland!”. The Minister emphasised that this year is special for both our nations: Lithuania celebrates the 100th anniversary of the restoration of the State, and our friends Icelanders celebrate the 100th anniversary of the sovereignty of their country.
L. Linkevičius thanked Iceland for its solidarity in strengthening the security of the Baltic region and the contribution of this country to the NATO Enhanced Forward Presence in Lithuania. The Minister also emphasised the importance of the projects implemented with Iceland using the financial mechanisms of the European Economic Area for the bilateral co-operation.
The Minister expressed a belief that close bilateral relations between Lithuania and Iceland as well as the regional cooperation between the Nordic and Baltic countries will continue to intensify and will help to strengthen the security and prosperity of the citizens.