- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the new Ambassador of Argentina Ana Maria Ramirez
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a welcome speech at a round table dedicated to the Eastern Partnership
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
Minister L. Linkevičius: European and Arab countries must respond to challenges together
On 24-25 February, the first summit of the European Union and the League of Arab States (LAS) took place in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt. During the event, high-level representatives discussed opportunities for cooperation between both organizations and a possible response to common challenges: security, armed conflict, illegal migration, humanitarian crises, and climate change. In plenary sessions, the participants discussed regional issues, including the Middle East peace process, crises in Syria, Libya, and Yemen.
L. Linkevičius highlighted the importance of constructive dialogue and the need for European and Arab countries to take a more active role in resolving the crises in the region, a growing threat from cyber-attacks, and Lithuania's readiness to share its experience in the field of cyber security. The Foreign Minister also said that Russia's active involvement in the Middle East, when more than 200 types of weapons were tested in Syria, raised doubts about Russia's efforts to contribute to stability in the region.
Bilateral ministerial meetings with the Foreign Ministers of Saudi Arabia and Egypt were held on the margins of the EU-LAS summit. The Foreign Ministers discussed possibilities for further bilateral cooperation.