- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Minister L. Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Spain
On 21 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the outgoing Ambassador of Spain to Lithuania Emilio Fernandez-Castano y Diaz-Caneja.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister thanked the Ambassador for the role of Spain in strengthening security of Lithuania and other Baltic states and for his personal efforts in developing bilateral relations.
“Lithuania is very grateful to Spain for its significant contribution to security of our country and the region. Spanish fighters have already taken part in five NATO’s air policing missions or missions of strengthening air policing in the Baltic states, including three times in Lithuania. From May to August this year, Spanish Eurofighter jets were deployed to Šiauliai and contributed to the protection of airspace over Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia. I personally thank the Ambassador for his personal efforts to develop our bilateral cultural and economic ties," said L. Linkevičius.
The Spanish Ambassador Emilio Fernandez-Castano y Diaz-Caneja has been accredited to Lithuania since 2014.