- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
- 2018-10-18 On 18 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is welcoming participants of the Eastern Partnership Youth seminar at the Foreign Ministry
Lithuania's representative elected as Chairperson of the Coordination Committee of Special Procedures of the UNHRC for the first time
On 5 June, Professor Dainius Pūras, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health was elected as Chairperson of the Coordination Committee of Special Procedures of the United Nations Human Rights Council. He will coordinate the work of about 80 independent UN experts, who implement the organization's mandates in the field of human rights.
In 2001, Lithuania issued a standing invitation to all special procedures to evaluate human rights situation in Lithuania in 2001. In order to contribute to strengthening international human rights standards, Lithuania has announced its candidature to the Human Rights Council for the term 2022-2024.
Professor Dainius Pūras, who is actively contributing to the consolidation of international health standards in Lithuania, has served as the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health since 2014. Between 2007 and 2011, Professor D. Pūras served as a member of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.