- 2019-08-19 On 19 August at 12.20 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu
- 2019-08-19 On 19 August at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees the Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu off at the airport
- 2019-08-20 On 20 August at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Lithuania's Honorary Consulate resumes its activities in Sapporo
On 23 May, Lithuania opened its Honorary Consulate in Sapporo after a year-long pause. Masahiro Fujii was appointed as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania in Hokkaido, Japan‘s largest prefecture. The Ambassador Gediminas Varvuolis presented him a consular patent.
The new Lithuanian Honorary Consul has followed in his father's footsteps. Hidekatsu Fujii represented Lithuania from 2004. The long-serving first Lithuanian Honorary Consul in Japan H. Fujii received from the Ambassador G. Varvuolis a letter of appreciation for his personal contribution to the development of cooperation between Lithuania and Hokkaido, Japan.
The solemn opening ceremony was attended by the Ambassador G. Varvuolis, the former Ambassador of Lithuania to Japan Algirdas Kudzys, Honorary Consuls, Heads of Hokkaido Prefecture, city's administration, and Sapporo Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
On the eve of the opening of the consulate, a solemn reception was held in Sapporo. It was attended by local entrepreneurs and honorary consuls of other countries.
During his visit to Hokkaido Prefecture, the Ambassador G. Varvuolis met with the Mayor of Sapporo, Head of the Cabinet of the Governor of Hokkaido Prefecture, Director General of Hokkaido tourism office, and Sapporo Chamber of Commerce and Industry. G. Varvuolis discused possibilities to renew Lithuania's participation in the famous Sapporo Snow Festival, to strengthen cooperation in the field of agriculture with an aim to present the achievements of Lithuania in the agriculture and food industry in this prefecture, which is famed for its agriculture. The Mayor of Sapporo and Head of Sapporo Chamber of Commerce and Industry were invited to visit Lithuania and to evaluate the prospects of closer cooperation with Kaunas.
Lithuania's Honorary Consulates also operate in Fukuyama, Osaka and Gifu.