- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the March of the Living in Paneriai.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 3:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with Georgian students studying in Lithuania.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
Lithuania’s Honorary Consul appointed in Mauritius
A solemn ceremony took place at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade of Mauritius in Port Louis, the capital city on 29 August, in which the exequatur was presented to the first Honorary Consul of Lithuania Ashley Ruhe. Henceforth he will serve as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania in Mauritius.
When presenting the written recognition of the Consul by the Government of Mauritius in which Ashley Ruhe is stationed giving authorization to exercise appropriate powers, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mauritius Seetanah Lutchmeenaraidoo emphasized the important role of honorary consuls in fostering bilateral ties.
The appointment of Ashley Ruhe as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania in this island nation off the southeast coast of the African continent will be beneficial for the strengthening of the representation of Lithuania’s interests in the region.
Lithuania’s Honorary Consuls already serve in the Republic of South Africa (Pretoria, Johannesburg and Cape Town), Mozambique (Maputo), and Tanzania (Dar es Salaam). In 2015, Lithuania opened its Embassy in the Republic of South Africa that represents and advances the interests of Lithuania also in Angola and Namibia.
Photo: Indian Ocean Network News