- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Skusevičius visits Alanta synagogue
On 3 January, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius together with the Ambassador of Israel to Lithuania Amir Maimon, the Ambassador of the United States Anne Hall, the Chair of the Jewish Community of Lithuania Faina Kukliansky, the Mayor of Molėtai District Municipality Stasys Žvinys, a representative of the Department of Cultural Heritage under the Ministry of Culture, the elder of the Alanta eldership, and representatives of the municipality visited a former Jewish synagogue in Alanta, Molėtai district.
“Lithuania consistently addresses issues related to protecting the Lithuanian Jewish heritage, fostering history and culture, and preserving the memory of the Holocaust. We can be proud of our beautiful initiatives to promote Jewish culture – 6 synagogues were restored until 2017 and 8 other ones are currently being restored. An impressive reconstruction project of the synagogue in Pakruojis has been completed recently. We shall make every effort to preserve the spiritual and material heritage of Lithuanian Jews,” said the Vice-Minister Skusevičius.
The wooden synagogue in Alanta is one of a handful of surviving wooden synagogues in Europe. It was included in the register of cultural properties in 2013.