- 2019-06-17 On 17 June, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participate in the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
Lithuania's Foreign Minister receives the new Slovenian Ambassador to Lithuania
On 25 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the newly appointed Ambassador of Slovenia to Lithuania Božena Forštnarič Boroje and discussed issues of bilateral cooperation, the EU enlargement and security.
"We are grateful to Slovenia for its cooperation in strengthening regional security of the Baltic states," said L. Linkevičius. He also noted that 50 Slovenian soldiers served in NATO's enhanced forward presence battalion.
In turn, the Slovenian Ambassador thanked for the contribution of the Lithuanian police to the management of migration flows in Slovenia in 2015-2016.
In 2017, the countries' trade turnover amounted to EUR 126.8 million. Slovenia ranked 36th in the ranking of trading partners of Lithuania in foreign trade. Slovenia has invested EUR 16.77 million in Lithuania. Slovenia‘s generic pharmaceutical company Krka has operated in the Vilnius region since 1994.
Lithuania and Slovenia established their diplomatic relations in late 1991. The Ambassador of Slovenia resides in Warsaw.