- 2020-01-20 to 2020-01-23 On 20-23 January, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in political consultations in Beijing, China
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting on the single market that is held in Brussels and organised by Finland
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government sitting
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister receives new Apostolic Nuncio of Holy See
On 17 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the new Apostolic Nuncio of the Holy See to Lithuania, Archbishop Petar Rajič.
L. Linkevičius congratulated the Archbishop on his recent appointment. The meeting focused on issues of bilateral and international cooperation. The interlocutors welcomed the good bilateral relationship between Lithuania and the Holy See, and expressed their mutual wish to continue to develop and deepen the bilateral cooperation.
"Relations with the Holy See are of importance for Lithuania as the world struggles against the backdrop of global challenges to peace, stability, and security," said the Foreign Minister.
The Archbishop already worked in the Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See in Vilnius back in 1996–1998. The diplomatic service of the Holy See recruited P. Rajič in 1993.
The Archbishop P.Rajič is the sixth Apostolic Nuncio, who resides in Vilnius, after the restoration of Lithuania's independence. He is also accredited to Estonia and Latvia.