- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister meets with the new Ambassador of India
On 27 August, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of India to Lithuania Tsewang Namgyal, who resides in Warsaw.
"Despite the geographical distance between India and Lithuania, we have a lot in common – linguistic roots, the story of Mahatma Gandhi and the famous Litvak Hermann Kallenbach, concerns over the climate change," said Minister L. Linkevičius.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister noted that although the intensiveness of bilateral economic cooperation had declined, the India-Lithuania trade potential had not been exhausted yet.
According to L. Linkevičius, a growing number of Indian students are studying at Lithuanian universities. The countries are expected to deepen their cooperation in this field by providing European education to Indian students. Lithuania’s Foreign Minister reminded the Ambassador that India was expected to take a positive decision regarding the opening of its embassy in Vilnius.
The Indian Ambassador also met with Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas and discussed possible economic cooperation. The Lithuanian Foreign Vice-Minister invited Indian representatives to attend the international exhibition Life Sciences Baltics 2018 in Lithuania.
Today, the Ambassador of India also presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.
Tsewang Namgyal is the 10th Indian Ambassador accredited to Lithuania. India and Lithuania established their diplomatic relations on 27 April 1992. The Embassy of Lithuania was opened in Delhi on 2 July 2008.