- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Lithuania's Foreign Minister expresses condolences over plane crash in sea in Indonesia
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius expressed his deepest condolences to the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Indonesia Retno L.P. Marsudi over a Lion Air jet crash on Monday. The plane carrying 189 people crashed in the Java Sea off Indonesia. Lithuania's Foreign Minister wished families of the victims strength at this difficult time.
The jet crashed into the sea after taking off from Jakarta. It lost radio contact just 13 minutes into the flight. The plane was travelling to the city of Pangkal Pinang off the island of Sumatra. Whether foreigners were on board is still unclear.