- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the March of the Living in Paneriai.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 3:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with Georgian students studying in Lithuania.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister congratulates Uruguay on Independence Day
On 25 August, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Uruguay Rodolfo Nin Novoa on the country’s Independence Day.
In the letter of congratulations, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister noted the importance of the Lithuanian community for bilateral relations between Lithuania and Uruguay. In addition, he emphasized that the two countries had untapped potential for cooperation in the fields of trade, culture and higher education.
Uruguay has the 3rd largest Lithuanian community in South America, which consists of several thousands of Lithuanians and people with Lithuanian roots.
Uruguay has never recognized the forceful incorporation of Lithuania into the Soviet Union. The two countries re-established diplomatic relations on 8 March 1993.