- 2020-02-27 to 2020-03-01 The Minister Linas Linkevičius pays a visit to Canada
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February, the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with Pierre Vimont, the French President’s special envoy for the architecture of security and trust with Russia
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February at 11:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a press conference
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a speech at Canada's Parliament
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada
Lithuania's Diplomacy Star awarded in Brussels
On 26 June in Brussels, Giles Portman, who heads the East Stratcom Task Force of the European External Action Service (EEAS) from 2015, received Lithuania's Diplomacy Star. The East Stratcom Task Force is the sole institutional response of the European Union to Russia's organized disinformation campaigns against EU institutions and its member states.
"The EU's efforts to counter disinformation were stepped up. Four years ago, we started asking ourselves about the need to make the effort. We have achieved great progress in almost reaching a consensus among EU member states that only by working together can we build resilience to disinformation and hybrid threats," said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius, who conferred the Foreign Ministry’s award of honor on G. Portman.
G. Portman is awarded for the merits of active support for the creation and strengthening of the East Stratcom Task Force, his purposeful leadership in 2015-2019, as well as his personal contribution to raising awareness of the threat posed by the Russian Federation to the EU's democracy and stability in wider Europe.