- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Lithuania’s Ambassador presents letters of credence to the Portuguese President
On 24 January in Lisbon, the Ambassador of Lithuania to the United Kingdom Renatas Norkus presented his letters of credence to the President of Portugal Marcelo Rebel de Sousa.
In the meeting with the President, Lithuania’s Ambassador thanked Portugal for its solidarity and contribution to ensuring security in Lithuania and the entire region, and for understanding of energy security issues. In fulfilling its commitment to the collective defence of NATO, Portugal sent its rotational forces and military equipment to Lithuania for the third time last year. The country has also participated in NATO’s Baltic Air Policing mission for the third time. The understanding and support of Portugal in international formats as regards the threats posed by the Ostrovets nuclear power plant is also significant to Lithuania.
Lithuania’s Ambassador also emphasized the importance of people-to-people-contacts and cultural ties between Lithuania and Portugal, tourism, and the strengthening of economic cooperation. “Portugal is very much loved by the people of Lithuania and, as this year marks the centenary of the restoration of the State of Lithuania, it is time to deepen and broaden the versatile relationship between our two countries,” said the Ambassador.
During his visit to Portugal, the Ambassador Norkus will also meet with the Portuguese President of the Assembly, Foreign and Defence Ministers, heads of embassies residing in Lisbon, Honorary Consuls of Lithuania in Portugal, and representatives of the local Lithuanian community.
Photos: The Press Office of the President of Portugal