- 2019-09-22 On 22 September at 8:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Adena Friedman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nasdaq
- 2019-09-22 On 22 September at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Nasdaq opening market bell ceremony
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 6:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius, as part of a delegation led by the President, meets with the Lithuanian community
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Ambassador Philip T. Reeker, Acting Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the event “Advancing Responsible State Behavior in Cyberspace”
Lithuania’s Ambassador presents his letters of credence to President of Nepal
On 12 August, the Ambassador of Lithuania Julius Pranevičius presented his letters of credence to the President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari. Following the ceremony at the Presidential Palace, the Ambassador and the Nepalese President discussed opportunities for intensifying economic, political, and cultural ties between the countries.
The Ambassador J. Pranevičius informed the President of Nepal about the special link between Lithuania and Nepal – the Lithuanian language – that has similarities with the Nepali language.
During his visit to Nepal, the Ambassador also held meetings with the Nepalese Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Supplies, and the Deputy Minister of Finance. The meetings focused on bilateral political and economic relations. The interlocutors agreed that potential niches for the promotion of economic cooperation should be explored. Additionally, the Ambassador presented Lithuania's capabilities in the fields of cyber security, financial technology, innovative technology, logistics, and other areas. Lithuania is also ready to share its reform experience with the Nepalese authorities.
J. Pranevičius is the second Ambassador of Lithuania Ambassador to Nepal, who resides in New Delhi, national capital of India. Lithuania and Nepal established their diplomatic relations on 8 February 2005.