- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Lithuanian and Latvian Foreign Ministers sign the Balts’ Award rules
On 11 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and the Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs signed an agreement establishing the Balts’ Award.
The Balts’ Award will be conferred annually on natural or legal persons from Lithuania and Latvia for their contribution to and achievements in translation of the Lithuanian literature into Latvian or the Latvian literature into the Lithuanian language. The award will also be given to teachers of the Lithuanian language in Latvia or of the Latvian language in Lithuania, as well as to researchers of Lithuanian and Latvian tangible and intangible cultural or historic heritage, and investigative journalists writing about Lithuanian and Latvian history, culture and tourism.
“We will simultaneously announce about the acceptance of proposals on the websites of the Lithuanian and Latvian Foreign Ministries. Every resident, company, organization or institution in Latvia or Lithuania will be able to offer their candidates,” said Linas Linkevičius.
The Lithuanian and Latvian Foreign Ministers announced their decision to set up the the Balts’ Award on the Balts’ Unity Day on 22 September 2017.