- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Israel
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in an event to commemorate the anniversary of the Welles Declaration at Washington Square in Vilnius
Lithuanian and Japanese Foreign Ministers discuss bilateral cooperation plans in Munich
On 15 February, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who was attending the Munich Security Conference, met with the Japanese Foreign Minister Tarō Kōno.
The two Foreign Ministers discussed bilateral visits scheduled for 2019, regional security issues, and new opportunities for the development of business relations after the date of entry into force of the EU and Japan's Economic Partnership Agreement.
“Japan is among Lithuania’s key political and economic partners in Asia. We share common values and have a similar approach to global problem-solving. Thus, there is a great potential for our cooperation, including in the fields of security and defense,” said L. Linkevičius.
Japan is one of NATO's global partners. In 2009-2013, Japanese civilian experts served in the Lithuanian-led Provincial Reconstruction Team in Ghor province, Afghanistan. In 2016, Lithuania and Japan marked the 25th anniversary of the re-establishment of their diplomatic relations. On this occasion, the Japan Training Squadron visited the Klaipėda Port for the first time in its history.