- 2020-02-27 to 2020-03-01 The Minister Linas Linkevičius pays a visit to Canada
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February, the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with Pierre Vimont, the French President’s special envoy for the architecture of security and trust with Russia
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February at 11:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a press conference
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a speech at Canada's Parliament
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada
Lithuania supports Finland's fight against hybrid threats
On 9-10 July, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė, takes part in an informal meeting of the EU Political Directors (foreign affairs) in Helsinki, Finland. The EU Political Directors are discussing effective multilateralism, the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy, hybrid threats, the Arctic, and other issues.
"Lithuania supports Finland's aim to focus on the fight against hybrid threats during its Presidency of the Council of the European Union," said Lithuania’s Political Director. Both countries speak up for the Council’s effort to build resilience and better counter hybrid threats by setting up a new working group on hybrid threats.
Participants of the meeting also dedicated considerable attention to transatlantic cooperation.
The informal meeting of the EU Political Directors is held every six months by the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The meeting discusses important issues relating to the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy.