- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
Lithuania and New Zealand sign a working holiday agreement
On 1 October in New York, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and New Zealand’s Foreign Minister Murray McCully signed a bilateral working holiday agreement, which will allow young people of both countries to study and gain work experience abroad.
Linkevičius expressed his belief that the agreement would promote closer people-to-people contacts in both countries, especially between the young people, and would open up wider opportunities for them to travel and to get to know the different cultures and traditions.
The heads of diplomacy of Lithuania and New Zealand also discussed important international security issues, the situation in Ukraine, cooperation within the UN Security Council, NATO and other international organisations. Linkevičius pointed out that both countries, as non-permanent members of the UN Security Council, enjoyed a close cooperation on the basis of shared principles and values, such as respect for human rights, democracy, equality, rule of law, transparency and efficiency of activities of the UN.
During the meeting, the Foreign Ministers exchanged views on strengthening the bilateral economic relations and cooperation in the field of science and education.