- 2020-02-27 to 2020-03-01 The Minister Linas Linkevičius pays a visit to Canada
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February, the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with Pierre Vimont, the French President’s special envoy for the architecture of security and trust with Russia
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February at 11:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a press conference
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a speech at Canada's Parliament
- 2020-02-27 On 27 February at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada
Lithuania and Malta support strengthening of European Neighborhood Policy
On 27 June, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė met with Maria Camilleri Calleja, Director-General Political of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malta in Vilnius. The meeting focused on the European Neighborhood Policy.
The Lithuanian Political Director and the Maltese Director-General agreed that stability in southern and eastern neighbors was a strategically important precondition for ensuring security and stability of the countries at the EU's external borders – Lithuania and Malta. Lithuania’s Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė noted that the strengthening of political attention and adequate financial support for the European Neighborhood Policy must remain a top priority for the EU.
The officials emphasized that Lithuania and Malta paid considerable attention to the protection of the EU's external borders. Better protection of the EU's external borders is crucial for ensuring a safer Schengen area and for more effective migration management.
Currently, more than 100 officials from Lithuania are working at Frontex, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency. Our country protects 1070 km of the EU's external borders and uses modern technology for that purpose.
The Political Director also discussed topical issues related to the Mediterranean region, eastern neighbors, transatlantic relations, and bilateral issues.