- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Linas Linkevičius congratulates Malta on Independence Day
On 21 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Malta’s Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Promotion Carmelo Abela and all the people of Malta on its Independence Day.
In the letter of congratulations, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister expresses his gladness that Lithuania and Malta are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations in 2019. According to L. Linkevičius, the two countries have enjoyed a close partnership for a quarter of a century. The Foreign Minister also hopes that the existing strong bilateral cooperation will contribute to achieving prosperity in Lithuania, Malta, and in Europe.
Malta gained its Independence from Britain on 21 September 1964.