- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
L. Linkevičius meets with OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media H. Désir, discusses safety of journalists
On 6 December, on the margins of the 25th Ministerial Council of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Harlem Désir.
During the meeting, Lithuania‘s support for activities of the Representative was voiced. The interlocutors discussed the problem of disinformation and possible ways to address it, especially through public engagement. H. Désir thanked Lithuania for defending media freedom, especially for launching an informal Group of Friends on Safety of Journalists within the OSCE.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister and the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media discussed international standards for public broadcasting service and the criteria of independence for the supervisory authority. The OSCE Representative promised to share international best practices. The OSCE is well aware of the situation in Lithuania in regard to the public broadcaster; the independence of the media and its protection from political influence are monitored closely.
H. Désir also mentioned that the Office of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media would present the 3rd edition of the OSCE Safety of Journalists Guidebook in 2019. The Guidebook was first prepared during Lithuania‘s OSCE Chairmanship in 2011.