- 2019-11-13 On 13 November at 1.00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-11-14 On 14 November at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of senior strategic communications officers from the Baltic states, Poland, and Finland
- 2019-11-14 On 14 November at 9:45 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Eastern Partnership Directors’ meeting on issues related to the Eastern Partnership initiative
- 2019-11-14 On 14 November at 1:10 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the new Ambassador of Kuwait Najeeb Al-Bader
- 2019-11-14 On 14 November at 2:10 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the new Ambassador of Bahrain Muhammad Abdul Ghaffar
International conference in Canada to commemorate the 80th anniversary of Molotov-Ribbentrop pact
On September 12, Embassy of Lithuania in Canada together with the Embassies of Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine and Moldova organize an international conference to mark the 80th anniversary of Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. The key speaker of the conference will be Garry Kasparov who is a former chess-master, pro-democracy activist and one of the Russian opposition leaders. The conference will involve a panel discussion about the legacy of the Nazi-Soviet Pact today, featuring international experts and political leaders.
The livestream of the event starts at 6 p.m. Toronto time.
August 23 will mark 80 years since the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany that sparked World War II and doomed half of Europe to decades of misery. The Pact contained the secret protocol which effectively carved up Eastern Europe into spheres of influence.