- 2020-01-20 to 2020-01-23 On 20-23 January, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in political consultations in Beijing, China
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting on the single market that is held in Brussels and organised by Finland
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government sitting
Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius receives Latvian Ambassador
On 17 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Latvia to Lithuania Indulis Bērziņš. The meeting focused on close cooperation between the two countries in the field of security and defense, Brexit, and safety of the Ostrovets nuclear power plant.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister expressed his conviction that despite the intense cooperation between Lithuania and Latvia, there was still a lot of untapped potential for strengthening bilateral cultural ties, as well as improving mutual understanding and awareness of each other. In this context, such annual events as the celebration of the Balts' Unity Day and the contest for the Balts' Award that is announced by the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania and Latvia are particularly important.
Prior to his appointment as the Ambassador to Lithuania, I. Bērziņš served as Latvia's Permanent Representative to NATO. The Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania on 11 September.