- 2019-09-22 On 22 September at 8:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Adena Friedman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nasdaq
- 2019-09-22 On 22 September at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Nasdaq opening market bell ceremony
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 6:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius, as part of a delegation led by the President, meets with the Lithuanian community
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Ambassador Philip T. Reeker, Acting Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the event “Advancing Responsible State Behavior in Cyberspace”
EU-ASEAN Ministerial meeting focuses on global challenges
On 21 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the 22nd EU-ASEAN Ministerial Meeting in Brussels.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister reminded his counterparts about the ongoing war in Ukraine and urged the member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to support Ukraine in international organizations, especially the United Nations.
L. Linkevičius noted that Ukraine was facing similar challenges both at sea and on land, which could also arise in the ASEAN region.
"As many times before, our apathy and a lack of response in international organizations encourage the aggressor to continue the exertions," said L. Linkevičius.
According to L. Linkevičius, Lithuania is ready to contribute to the effort to improve digital and economic connectivity between the EU and ASEAN.
Lithuania's potential of high technology and innovations was presented and the ASEAN member states were invited to develop businesses and to invest in Lithuania.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was established in 1967. The total population of all 10 member states amounts to more than 625 million people.