- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the new Ambassador of Argentina Ana Maria Ramirez
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a welcome speech at a round table dedicated to the Eastern Partnership
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
D. Skusevičius meets with the new Hungarian Ambassador, discusses the region’s security and prospects for bilateral relations
On 4 March, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with the new Ambassador of Hungary Gábor Diczházi, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on the same day.
"Lithuania is grateful to Hungary for its significant contribution to security of our country and the region," said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius.
Back in 2014, when NATO took steps to strength its deterrence posture in the Baltic region, Hungary sent a company of its troops to Lithuania to join a military exercise and to train side by side with Lithuanian and American soldiers. In September-December 2015, Hungary deployed four JAS-39 Gripen fighters of the Hungarian Defense Forces to Zokniai, as the country participated in the NATO Air Policing mission in the Baltic states. In the second quarter of 2019, the Hungarian Defense Forces will protect the Baltic airspace again.
D. Skusevičius and G. Diczházi noted that the volume of bilateral trade had increased, welcomed active bilateral political contacts, discussed the visit by the President of Hungary János Áder in November 2018, as well as cooperation among Lithuania and the Visegrád Four.
G. Diczházi replaced Zoltán Jancsi as the Ambassador to Lithuania in November 2018.