- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
Ambassador Varvuolis presents his letters of credence to the Governor-General of New Zealand
On 11 April, the Ambassador of Lithuania Gediminas Varvuolis presented his credentials to the Governor-General of New Zealand Patsy Reddy.
During the ceremony, the Ambassador Varvuolis emphasized that despite the great distance between them the countries maintained friendly and intense relations and cooperation based on mutual trust, as well as shared values of democracy and the rule of law.
“Lithuania is interested in expanding its cooperation with New Zealand in the fields of lasers, life sciences, IT, and financial technologies,” the Ambassador said.
The Lithuanian community in New Zealand has also contributed to the development of our successful cooperation. Together with the Lithuanian Foreign Ministry’s delegation, it celebrated the 100th anniversary of the restoration of Lithuania’s statehood this year.
The Ambassador was pleased that our political cooperation had actively developed over recent years, while contacts with representatives of businesses, science and academic community had been expanded. In addition, Varvuolis has discussed further cooperation plans with them.
The 2017 Working Holiday Scheme between Lithuania and New Zealand also strengthens the people-to-people ties between our two countries.
The Ambassador Varvuolis, who resides in Tokyo, is the 3rd Ambassador of Lithuania to New Zealand.
Lithuania and New Zealand established their diplomatic relations on 10 January 1992.