- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
Ambassador Varvuolis presents his letters of credence to the Emperor of Japan
The Ambassador of Lithuania Gediminas Varvuolis presented his letters of credence to the Emperor of Japan Akihito on 5 April.
Varvuolis is the fourth Ambassador of Lithuania to Japan after the restoration of the country’s independence.
The Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko paid an official visit to Lithuania in 2007.
Lithuania and Japan re-established their diplomatic relations in October 1991.