- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the March of the Living in Paneriai.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 3:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with Georgian students studying in Lithuania.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
Ambassador Sigutė Jakštonytė presents her letters of credence to President of Namibia
On 11 August in Windhoek, the capital city of Namibia, the Ambassador of Lithuania to the Republic of South Africa and the Republic of Angola Sigutė Jakštonytė presented her letters of credence to the President of Namibia Hage Geingob.
In the conversation with the President of Namibia, the Ambassador discussed important bilateral issues, including the promotion of economic and academic cooperation, tourism development, visa facilitation, and cooperation within international organizations. The Ambassador invited the Namibian business to take advantage of Lithuania’s achievements in the field of higher and information technology, and of the opportunity for young people to study in Lithuania.
The Ambassador Jakštonytė also met with the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of International Relations and Cooperation of Namibia Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah to discuss the possibility of signing a Memorandum of Understanding on bilateral consultations at a mutually agreed on time.
Sigutė Jakštonytė is the first Ambassador of Lithuania accredited to Namibia, who resides in the Republic of South Africa. Lithuania and Namibia established diplomatic relations on 22 December 2005.