- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 8.45 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministers’ meeting
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 12.05 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Lithuanian State Defence Council
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting of the General Affairs Council in Brussels
Ambassador G. Varvuolis takes part in meetings in Singapore
From June 12 to 16, the Ambassador Gediminas Varvuolis is visiting Singapore, where he takes part in ASEF (Asia-Europe Foundation, https://www.asef.org/) Board of Governors meeting and other bilateral meetings. In his speech, the Ambassador underlined the importance of increasing visibility of the Foundation, particularly among the youth, and thanked ASEF for presentation of ASEF programs to Lithuanian artists, who are looking for support to their projects in Asian countries. During the meeting, attention was also paid to the reform of the Foundation and current issues.
In his meetings with Singapore headquartered international shipping and seaport infrastructure development companies - Ocean Network Express Japan, Port of Singapore Authority and Portek - the Ambassador G. Varvuolis presented investment opportunities into Klaipeda Seaport, its expansion potential, and invited these companies to consider more active engagement in shipping activities in the Baltic Sea region. Excellent transport and logistics infrastructure, geographical centricity of Lithuania could serve as a perfect hub for Asian goods to enter EU, CIS, and even further markets.
The Ambassador G. Varvuolis also had an opportunity to meet the Professor Tan Eng Chye, President of National University of Singapore, and to deliver an invitation to international science, innovation, and business forum “Life Sciences Baltics 2020”, which will be held in Vilnius on September 30 – October 1, 2020. Strong life sciences and bio-tech sectors in both countries make an ideal stepping stone to increase mutual synergies and expand R&D cooperation.
In his meeting with representatives of Singapore Business Federation (SBF), the Ambassador G. Varvuolis discussed possibilities to deepen relations between business communities of both countries, and invited SBF to consider the possibility to organise the Singaporean business mission to Lithuania in the nearest future.