- 2020-01-20 to 2020-01-23 On 20-23 January, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in political consultations in Beijing, China
- 2020-01-21 On 21 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius delivers a speech at a discussion on the single market, innovation and digital economy that is organised by the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting on the single market that is held in Brussels and organised by Finland
A conference marks the 100th anniversary of Lithuanian and the 70th anniversary of Israeli statehood in Vilnius
On 13 November, the conference “Together towards the Modern State: Litvaks in the History of Lithuanian and Israeli Statehood” was held at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania to mark the 100th anniversary of Lithuanian and the 70th anniversary of Israeli statehood.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius welcomed Lithuanian and Israeli scholars, foreign diplomats, Lithuanian public figures, students, pupils, and members of the Lithuanian Jewish community, who gathered at the conference.
“This event provides a great opportunity to remember our common history, our common work for the sake of our citizens in the country that had maintained peaceful coexistence among ethnic groups, which made a joint contribution to the development of the state. Litvaks have significantly contributed to the creation of the states of Lithuania and Israel. Thus, their role in promoting bilateral relations between our two nations should be properly evaluated, ” said Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister.
At the event, historians from the Lithuanian Institute of History - Dr. Darius Staliūnas, Dr. Algimantas Kasparavičius, Dr. Tomas Balkelis, and Dr. Eglė Bendikaitė - delivered speeches along with the Professor at Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Head of Yad Vashem‘s International Institute for Holocaust Research, Emeritus Professor of Modern Jewish History at Bar-Ilan University, Dr. Dan Michman, and other speakers. In addition, students from Lithuanian schools presented their own research on the life of local Jewish communities.